Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This is a "quiet" kid!!!!

Well it has been a while, but things have been eventful!

Last week we went in for a regular appt and expected to hear the heartbeat of this little one. With my daughter in tow, we went in and hoped for the best.

No such luck. This kid would NOT let us hear him/her! IT was making me NUTS! She tried a few times, two different dopplers, and nada. So we made a follow up appointment for a week later--today.

I wasn't panicked, but I could have been more at ease had we heard it. Given that my symptoms are all still there, I have not freaked out too much, but I have worried, of course.

So today comes and we go --again-- with high hopes. Today is also daddy's bday! :)

With daughter in tow we go in for round two. Doppler and goo rubbing all over my belly and the only heartbeat it picks up is MINE (which apparently is a show off). After a few minutes of trying, and trying, and trying, the midwife opts to pull in a sonogram machine (a mini one, super small, tiny screen) to see if she sees the heart beating.

Very quickly we were looking at our little tater-tot! He/she was looking RIGHT at us. Weird. Anyway, this kid was sitting there, but fluttering in his chest was a little heart, beating away! The sono machine had no volume, so we only saw it. The midwife poked away at me a few times hoping to get the little one to move and he was WAY too comfy and just sat there.

Lazy? Sleeping? Down-right disobedient? We will know very soon!! Those personalities pop up fast...if memory serves me right! ;)

After the sono she decides to take another listen with the doppler, and after a minute or two, there it was...swish swish swish....nice and fast and hard. Beating away.

So glad we got to hear it and see it beating! VERY exciting day! :)

3 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

That is truly amazing. I cannot waittt!!! Thank you very much for your kind words. I look forward to being 6 or so weeks behind you!

tejanamama said...

Thanks for coming by! you are due...mid may sometime? the first tri moves SLOWLY...then things pick up speed!

Lacey Jane said...

Yessss! Mid May. around the 13th or so. But I don't have an official due date yet. I should have one after tomorrow!!

Lloyd and I have been together since. Well. Since we met. In February. There was instant er...chemistry?

I just want a happy ending. I want to be with him. But I'm going to try to not be so stressed about it. Because if he doesn't want to be with me then I am obviously better off without him...

His dad died when he was 6, so he is all for being the best dad in the world. In retrospect, THAT is what is important, so I should count my blessings.