Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bump Bump!

It was a happy moment a few minutes ago. I was typing away and felt a bumping in my abdomen. I stopped and moved my hand to the side where I felt it and waited. Sure enough, a minute or so later, I felt more thumpitys! Very neat.

I called my daughter to come and feel, but the movements stopped. She sure was patient, keeping her hand there and encouraging the baby for at least five minutes (an hour in normal-adult time). No luck this time, though.

Those weren't the first bumps I felt, but they were the first ones I felt with my hand. Probably the third bump in total. This one hasn't been too active yet. We'll see if that changes with time.

Tomorrow I'll be back. I have an appt with the midwife and one with the perinatologist. I get to meet with her because of my "advanced maternal age". You know how ancient I am and all. The good news is that I get an anatomy scan where they size the baby, check organs, etc.

Although we were decidedly against finding out the sex, there is some wavering happening now. We are weighing the pros and cons and need to make up our minds by 9 am tomorrow! We also have to cross our fingers to get a room that has the capacity to tape the ultrasound. If we are allowed to do that, then we can share with family/friends the baby's "first" pictures. (We have a 7 week ultrasound that is TECHNICALLY the first picture, but honestly, I couldn't see much in it.)

We will see what news I have tomorrow when I return from our appointments!

2 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I can't wait!!! :) Let me know how the ultrasound goes, and whether it's a baby boy or girl! (I would want to know in advance...but that's cuz I'm impatient!).

Lacey Jane said...

that's so exciting! I wouldn't be able to NOT know the sex of the baby. Good luck on everything!