Monday, October 27, 2008

Say CHEEEESE!!!

That is exactly how it felt at the ultrasound last week. This kid was totally posing and almost vogueing it seemed. LOL. He/she (yes we still don't know) was MOVING LIKE CRAZY! I'm convinced they hate the U/S because of the sound waves or something.

Because the tech didn't copy images to the cd we brought, all I have is a pic of one of the shots. It is hard to photograph these and dh hasn't scanned them at his job yet, so this is all I have!

Photobucket

ANYHOW....he/she gave us side, front, back, etc views. We saw nothing between the legs, but you mostly see the skeleton anyway. The tech does things to tweak the pic to see certain areas better and she was about to when I reminded her (she hadn't read our paperwork i guess?) that we did not want to know. Part of me REALLY wished I didn't say anything, because hubby wasn't listening and he wouldn't have stopped her. :)

I asked him again if he was SURE and he said yes he was (after having wavered the week before the u/s). SO THERE YOU GO!

The baby has a beautiful spine and long toes and fingers...much like another spawn of mine. Hmmmmmmm.

This baby also has a VERY familiar profile. This leads me to seriously wonder if we have another carbon copy of daddy. When we saw the profile, hubby said with a HUGE GRIN plastered across his face, "Uh-oh. DEJAVU huh?" That grin was too much. He must love having dominant DNA. Bastard! lol

I am hoping that things change somehow or that I saw wrong, because I want a child to look related to me. IS THAT SO WRONG!!?? LOL

The best news is that baby is good. 13 cms (I think) and half a pound. I say I think because the tech said, "The baby is measuring 13" and moved on to a long list of other things and I never got to ask. I am assuming 13 cms although I don't know the conversion to inches. I know by now they are supposed to be about 5 inches rump to head. Apparently, this kid is right on schedule to where he/she should be and looks healthy.

The "bad" news was that the placenta is low (near cervix) and I have a fibroid across from it, also by the birth canal. This could make vaginal delivery (which I'm trying for after having a c-section last time) difficult. They say that its very early and with the growth of the uterus, the placenta moves, so not to worry yet. HOWEVER, they do wanna keep me under observation to see how things develop. I am going back the week before thanksgiving for another ultrasound to see if anythings changed.

WITH ANY LUCK the placenta will move up as my uterus grows AND the fibroid WILL NOT GROW at all. *Fingers crossed*

3 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

You *want* to push?!?!? I am hoping to elect for a C-section when/if the time comes! Sure, healing takes 3x as long, but then I stay tight down there (no tearing/cutting) *and* I have an excuse not to lift stuff for 6 weeks ;)

I wish you guys would find out the gender of Baby. I wanna know!!!

tejanamama said...

Read up on Cs more so you are well informed. It is not without risks. And if you have a good doc/midwife tearing doesnt always happen. I've done a C and I'd soooo prefer not to do that again. Didn't have a good go and no bonding with baby. I was so drugged up the first few days. And try recovering for a few weeks with a toddler running around when you can barely move! NOT a good option. I just hope I can do it. I feel like god made us to do this, and I'd like to let my body do it. Medicine is there for when I need it, but I cannot opt for it willingly when I have this body made to do this. *Fingers xed*

Lacey Jane said...

ahhh! good luck! What a beautiful little baby you have in there! I mean sure all I can see is his or her little outline, but it's just perfect.