Monday, June 29, 2009

Time to Look in the Mirror

It has BEEN time but I have been avoiding it. I weigh from time to time but just haven't been in the place where I can say "okay, I really will watch my food intake and start to exercise." HOW DO MOMS DO IT? Especially newer moms?

I want to SLEEP not go move my body around and sweat, necessitating a very rare and precious SHOWER! As it is I have to schedule those, to be sure the kids are being watched and that big sis is supervised and little sis is kept alive by someone.

So I am not ready to really start to exercise. I WILL start walking. It is rough because it is in the 100s here lately. And my heel spurs are back (had them for a while after Elena was born too). HOWEVER, I hate that I am breastfeeding and not losing weight and it is because I have not reigned in my eating yet.

I eat too much of the bad foods. I don't eat massive quantities, but I do make bad choices. Sometimes I make faster choices because I don't want to spend precious time in the kitchen.

For some reason I am having a hard time deciding to really make the changes I need to make to my food. I have done this countless times before and NEVER found it so hard to really commit to change like I am now. I guess it is because with so many other things to worry about, I don't want to add to the list. I imagine it has something to do with not wanting to invest in planning and executing and possibly failing when it is easier to just be.

Easy is not usually good and that is what I am settling for these days!

So my ass will not shrink any time soon. I do weigh around what I did pre-Emilia, but of course I don't look like I did and I am and probably will continue to stagnate until I sign on to make the serious changes needed to see my weight go down.

THE GOOD NEWS is that I have a very healthy and beautiful breast-fed child who is thriving and growing and continually impressing and amazing me. I focus on that for now and hope the rest will fall into place when I can handle it! I hope that time comes sooner rather than later!

Speaking of my sweet child, here are more pictures and a video for the clammoring masses out there. Okay, so I don't think there are more than two or three of you since no one leaves me messages, but you few are very important people!

ENJOY!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



and a pretty one of sister too!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

So adorable..and I'm starting to see bit of Lena in Em! Thanks for posting the pics - I appreciate 'em even if nobody else does ;)

As for the weight thing, I hear ya. I've darn near given up on being skinny (but I keep hoping I'll get pregnant and then when I breast-feed I'll miraculously become a skinny mini). I'm trying to shift my thinking into getting more active. But the delicious food I'd have to give up...some weird entitlement issues I've got goin' on but I just can't completely cut it out of my life, so I'm trying to manage portions and frequency of junk vs. healthy eating. Hopefully with the blading and the new workouts I'll get some results before Hawaii..otherwise this chick'll be walking around the beach in a moo-moo! ;)

Lacey Jane said...

Ahhhhh they are both so spectacular and gorgeous!!!!!!!