Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hospital Tour

We finally were able to make it for a hospital tour night before last. It was interesting and really made me realize how CLOSE this is becoming. VERY SOON we'll have our family expanded by one.

The tour included a look at Labor & Delivery rooms and the rooms you stay in after the work is done. The L&D rooms were awesome. Really big and nice. The rooms you spend MOST of your time in were tiny though! I guess it doesn't matter really since I won't be there long.

However, for a measly $300 dollars extra, per night, I could stay in a VIP room. These rooms are much nicer. They are roomier, include fridges and a living area separate from the rest area. Both areas have flat-screen televisions as well. However, this extra money is not covered by insurance, so it has to come out of OUR pockets. I cannot imagine paying that extra money. If I had a fairy god mother, I'd request the upgrade! :)

Our favorite stop was the nursery! ADORABLE little children were in there. They were very small and just looked so sweet. Elena was oohing and ahhing over them too and says she's ready for her sister to come. I know her heart is in the right place, but we'll see how she really reacts once it all sets in and she's stuck with a sibling that is loud and time consuming.

All in all the tour was informative and helped me realize how close we are to this new reality. TIME TO PANIC! :)

I am very excited to meet my little one, but I'm going to miss carrying her around, even though it is tiring and painful at times. I will also remember fondly the time before the baby joined the mix--our times as a threesome.

I feel quite unready and I am trying to get ready in the next two or so weeks. I am still taking inventory of what we have and what we need and when we have to acquire the things we need in order to spread out the costs involved.

Slowly but surely, things will come together though, I am sure!

;)

1 comment:

Diario de Elysia said...

LOL C, you have done this before and you will be fine. No panicking.

When we toured the Hospital it was a no no that the nursey was visisted. They were very private about that area. Hmm weird I know.

I love the nursery.