Wednesday, February 4, 2009

TWO MONTHS TO GO AND COUNTING!!!!

32 weeks Pictures, Images and Photos

Holy moly! It is already February and I am due in less than eight weeks! :)

I had an appointment yesterday--my 32 week appointment. It went well. The midwife measured me and we talked some and heard the heartbeat. These are mostly routine visits where not a lot happens. The biggest issue is seeing scale and what it has to say. ALWAYS so much stress in that part of the visit! :)

It has been good news for me thus far, however. I have been holding steady for over a month now, with no weight gain. This is harder to do toward the end, because the babies gain 1/3 of their entire weight in the last trimester and the blood supply grows as well. All of this equals WEIGHT gain for mama. I am hoping the last few visits aren't too bad, however. I want to be able to keep this trend going of no weight gain, but its not very likely!

I have had a little relief from my SPD with the chiro visits and by following all the "rules" for keeping your legs together and sitting correctly, etc. It isn't easy to do it and remember it all the time, but I do see that its making a difference and making my last few weeks more tolerable. ANY bit of relief is huge!

Given that most babies weigh 3.75 pounds during this week and are about 16.7 inches long, my guess is that my "little" pumpkin is a big bigger. I've consistently been running big and she was estimated at 28 weeks to weigh a pound more than average, so I'm guessing she's closer to five pounds by now.

This makes sense since they say that they gain about a third of their weight in the last 8 weeks. Given that my daughter was over nine pounds at birth, I fully expect this child to be around the same weight. They say that second babies run larger, so this child may outweigh my last by an ounce or two. That is my guess anyway! :)

Elena was 9lbs 6oz at birth and 21 1/2 inches long. Want to take a guess as to the weight and height on this second child?

This could be interesting! :)

1 comment:

Diario de Elysia said...

Woo hoo..less than two months to go!

I am gonna guess 9lbs 8oz and 2o inches long.

So excited for you!