Monday, March 23, 2009

39 week appointment

:(

NO CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still 2cm, still thick, and still my cervix is high. Anyone surprised? Me neither.

The midwife couldn't even strip my membranes because they are TOO HIGH for her short fingers. :)

It has been an emotional day for me and I cannot explain why completely. Part of me is sad I am not going early. Part of me is worried about the VBAC not being able to happen. Part of me is scared about labor and even the baby coming home. I just got hit with a flood of emotions in my appointment and couldn't stop crying! :) THankfully I was with my favorite midwife who was very reassuring and sweet about it all.

It turns out she is on call today, Wednesday then again this weekend. I had the dates wrong!! Then next week i have my 40th week appointment on Monday but I HOPE I DON'T MAKE IT THAT FAR!!!! *fingers xed*

One good thing that happened is that I got to see the little one since the midwife couldn't find her heartbeat. This girl wouldn't stay still!!!! She finally saw her on the u/s then was able to find her heartbeat. Oh my goodness, this girl is so active. she has been bouncing around ALLLLLL morning and my tummy is hurting. wish she'd take a nap or something!

Weird how she feels sooooooooooooo low like she is about to pop out but she ISN'T yet.

I started early labor ON MY due date last time and I am guessing its the same this time. With any luck this weekend I start my early labor *fingers xed* since my due date is Sunday!!!!!!

She said whatever I do don't lay off the EPO. Apparently it is better to keep it up than not to, so I am taking it. Hope along with me that things move by this weekend. I would rather not go past my due date and I would also rather NOT be delivered by one of the other midwives.

Glad I got my good cry in. I feel a little better. Hopefully, I can start doing the positive visualization. I need to be in a better state of mind! SOON!!

Keep me in your prayers! :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Labor vibes for you! If I have another I would go for a VBAC but I would probably be scared too. Just know that your LO will arrive one way or another :) And try not to worry too much about the weight. There's not much you can do now so stress won't help, right? After you recover from birth you can get back on track. I, for one, think gaining less than 50 pounds is a victory :) So 30 is fabulous! Keep us posted.

Diario de Elysia said...

Hurry up and pop out that little munchkin already! Thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate it.

How are you feeling? I bet miserable.

tejanamama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tejanamama said...

LYS: Girl i feel fine. TOO FINE MAYBE? LOL Keep waiting to start feeling like shit but it hasn't happened yet. Clock is ticking though! I kept waiting for your update! thanks for finally posting it! SOOO glad you had good news! :) I'll text you when things start moving here! ;)

Michelle: THANKS :) I appreciate your post!!! Keeping up with your blog now! Hope to have some good news here soon!