Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Headache Hangover

Going without my allergy meds or any other meds really has seriously caused me some issues lately. Yesterday was horrible, with lots of head pain and sinus pressure. My headache only got worse over night and didn't leave until late morning today. I've been okay today but I am starting to feel the headache coming back now. I took a LOT of Tylenol in the past 24 hours and I'm about to take more. Hopefully, by using the neti pot more regularly, I can avoid having too many more headaches.



I haven't been a huge neti-pot fan, but it does help some. It *always* hurts my ear on one side however. I think I'm too congested there because every time I've used the neti pot I get pain in that ear after blowing. I reread the directions and cannot figure it out. I have my head positioned right according to what I've seen in the images. I asked my doc about it and she said it sounded fine and even though the paperwork said that you could be "too congested" to use the pot effectively, she didn't seem to agree and said I must be doing something else wrong. THAAAAANKS!

Only four more weeks until I can start taking some meds again. I CANNOT wait! I really want to avoid a sinus infection and that is where I'm afraid I'm headed with this pressure and pain. :(

Aside from that, things are going well. I'm exhausted ALL the time and hungry quite often, but I can work around it thus far!

1 comment:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I've never heard of a neti pot. Is that a homeopathic solution to allergies?

I say just stay inside for the next few weeks and keep your windows closed! ;)

Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*