Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So in less than one week...

I will be hopefully taking a peek into my UTEROTOPIA :)

On Tuesday of next week, I get my first visit with the midwives to review my records from the last pregnancy, discuss my risks for doing a vaginal (after a C-section the first go round) and take a peek into the growing condo in my belly! :)

Photobucket

Inside, I won't see anything that (to the naked eye) looks anymore exciting than what you see above. Except it will mostly be black with a few fuzzy voids w/in the image. It is a baby, in its very early stages, that is too small to really see the "parts" on. Although, I am assured by everything I read, the parts on my baby at six weeks (today) are visible and definite. The entire baby, in fact, is quite small and about the size of the apple seeds pictured above or the lentils below.

Photobucket

If you have an apple, cut it open. If you have a bag of lentils, hold one in your hand. That is the size of my baby. It has eyes and a spinal cord well on their way to being real functioning body parts. He/She has tiny arm and leg buds in place as well. It is a boy or a girl already!! Since we won't be learning the sex of this child (to have a surprise like we did last pregnancy) we won't be finding out until the baby is evicted from its comfortable home in April 2009.

I am excited to see the new heart fluttering on the screen, if we are lucky enough to do so. It cannot be heard yet, but it is there, in motion. Conceived only weeks ago, this child is forming at quite a fast pace. It is a miracle to experience and an honor to be involved in the process of life and procreation. I cannot think about it too long or I sit in awe of my own body and amazement at the process.

I *love* being a woman, despite the other stuff that hasn't been so fun along the way in my last 34 years. Being able to support life and be a mom is a special calling for many as it is for me. I thoroughly enjoy my role as a mother and look forward to expanding our family with a second child.

1 comment:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

SO happy for you, babe! :) I marvel at the miracle of life and am thrilled that you have been blessed again! :)