Saturday, August 9, 2008

Rumbly tumbly....

It has come!

Feeling sick and having an unsettled tummy all day some days. I hate the sound or idea of most food but do eat a lot and find the worse the food is, the easier it sits in my belly. (Think: white pasta.)

I want to eat well but it is NOT easy to do these days. I wake up famished and try to choke something down but the uneasy feeling doesn't settle until my belly gets something it likes. Today that was at 1pm. Yesterday it happened at 6pm.

To make matters worse, my sense of smell is EXTREMELY amplified. I am not exaggerating at all when I say that nothing smells "good" and that all smells are making me sick. :( This means the smell of my husband is nauseating. The smell of my daughter's clean hair, kinda makes me wanna hold my breath. The smells are just so strong, that they are no longer pleasant. I open the fridge to be assaulted by so many smells that I wanna hurl.

This is all new because I had none of this with my first pregnancy. I have heard of these issues before, but never experienced them . With dd, I would feel ill if i hadn't eaten and upon eating, the nausea would subside! It was wonderful because it would clear out and I'd be fine for an hour or two. This lasted from the early stages of my pregnancy through the end. I am hopeful that this, whatever it is, does not last very long!

They say that most women have morning sickness until about 12 weeks or so. I hope that that is when this goes away! I say this because I have a strong desire to eat healthily and it is extremely hard when those foods make you wanna hurl!!!! :(

I guess this means the baby is doing QUITE well in there! I hope so anyway! :) We'll know in just a few short days! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Awesome to know baby is *hungry* (maybe it's a sign it'll be a boy?!?) and things are still progressing in a positive way. Keep me posted on how it goes post-U-sound!