Saturday, January 10, 2009

28 week appointment

It was a big one. had a u/s, glucose test and regular appointment.

From now on I will be returning every two weeks. In two I go back for my c-section consult with the ob they work with (I see midwives) and he'll do my regular appointment.

As of right now, I'm officially:

Third Trimester Pictures, Images and Photos

So when I got there I went, peed in a cup then drank my delicious orange glucose drink that burns my throat and then left to another floor for my ultrasound. I went back for my regular appointment time, but they were running late due to a delivery so I went back up and had my blood drawn, then I returned to the regular appointment.

THE BEST NEWS EVER is that I only gained ONE POUND!!!!! Happy happy day!

The baby IS running big. She's 3lbs and 7oz...apparently, on the larger size for her age. She is running in the 90th percentile and measuring in 30 week range. So there you go. Another biggun coming!!

The midwife was sweet and said she really thinks that it is fine and that she isn't so huge that we should start thinking about NOT having a vbac. So we'll see. She also said that the baby looks LONG (probably why I feel every movement) and has really long legs (not unlike her sister)!

Thankfully, the baby looked good. We got one profile shot and she looks the same as it did two months ago. She has the same profile as my daughter so we have another daddy clone on the way.

It was a nice appointment overall and I'm really pleased with things. I FORGOT TO ASK my questions, however, even though I had them written on a piece of paper in my purse. BABYBRAIN strikes again! I forgot LAST MONTH too and the question I have that is the biggest one is about hospital tours! I have been unable to find the info online thus far. I'm gonna call the docs next week to see if they can give me more info so I can find out when we can do it. It is getting too close to put it off another few weeks since I don't know how easy/hard they are to book or how often they do them. Since this is a new state, new hospital, etc, I realy want to scope things out.

They said I will hear about the glucose test by Monday/Tuesday IF I failed. If I don't hear, that means all is well. So here we go!!! I am hoping not to have my phone ringing come Monday! :)

2 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

yay third trimester! congrats! have you been thinking about names?

tejanamama said...

Really struggling with names girl! Ideas? :) I have a long list of possibilities with a few that pop out to me, but its hard to come up with two that go together!