Friday, January 16, 2009

Can I get a WHOOP WHOOOP!!!????

FIREWORKS Pictures, Images and Photos

Just got the call. I do NOT have gestational diabetes. My blood results were in normal ranges. I just have a macrosomic child (i.e. large baby). My mom had larger than normal (8-9+ pound range) babies, and I guess so do I! Doesn't help that my husband is a TALL dude and we have TALL babies. We already know this one is a tall one too based on the last ultrasound.

We wont take a peek at the baby again until week 37 or 38, but it is safe to say she'll stay on the large side. I'm going to be on my best behavior foodwise just because at this point, the baby is sucking nutrients out of my body at fast/massive rates because of the growth she is undergoing. To avoid low blood sugar spells (dizziness) and other issues, I want to be sure I'm eating healthily.

Right now her bones are hardening and she's working on building her lungs and other vital organs for birth. This is an exciting time in the womb!

It is exciting outside too since we have a lot to prepare for!

Only ten weeks left as of this weekend! :)

No comments: