Thursday, January 22, 2009

OB Consult and 30 week appt.

I am 30 weeks as of this past weekend. This means I am actually closer to 31 weeks today than I was yesterday! :) Things are chugging along nicely! Here is a picture taken yesterday.

Photobucket

Today we went in to meet the OB who would be performing my Csection, should the need for one arise. He was VERY optimistic about me VBAC'ing which made my day!!!

He said that he doesn't go by u/s weight like my previous group did. He uses head size to determine whether they recommend a Csection. He said even with 98 percentile, other factors play into things and that overall, I looked like a strong candidate!

He was the OB I was planning on using if I didn't go with the midwives, and it turns out he is the OB they use for their c-sections. He was a little creepy looking online in the photo I saw, but in person he was a really sweet man! He talked to us forever and was funny and nice and I enjoyed him very much! I felt comfortable and that really made me happy because I'd like to know whoever gives me a Csection should I need to have one. Last time I met the doctor AT the operation and that was NO FUN!

The doctor was able to feel the baby in my uterus because she was pressing up against the front and he heard the heartbeat immediately which he said sounded strong and healthy.

He also said that they don't use stirrups and are open to different birthing positions which is helpful given the SPD I have developed.

I'm really getting excited about meeting this little girl. The pregnancy has been so different, it just makes me curious to meet her and see what she is really like--physically and otherwise!!!

2 comments:

jvramos070407 said...

Hey, that is great news! I am glad things look good for you for a VBAC. I had an appt. today, too, and I am 9 weeks. We got to see the heartbeat again, and the baby doubled in size! All my bloodwork came back good so everything is going well. He won't see me again for another month. Who is your OB doc? I am actually seeing the one who delivered Gabriel. He is really nice too and never rushes our appts. I hope the last 10 weeks go by fast for you!!!

Diario de Elysia said...

Look at that baby belly? Love it!