Thursday, January 15, 2009

FAILURE!! :(

So-- I failed the one hour gestational diabetes test I took last week :( I found out on Monday. It was already past five thirty so I thought I was safe. But then the phone rang. The nurse apologized and told me I failed and needed to come in soon (this week) for the three hour test.

Today, I went in for that test. First, I tried to get out of it, but they were pretty adamant that if for whatever reason I was NOT diabetic, they need it in my paperwork. This makes a difference when it comes to my trying to VBAC. So I went ahead and went through with it.

I had to be there at 8:45 a.m. to get my orders and head to the lab at the hospital (where my midwives are). Before nine, I had my blood drawn and by nine I was drinking my gross sweet orange drink and by 9:05 I was done. I was there getting my blood drawn for the next three hours. I read some, wrote some, and slept some. Unfortunately, I had a headache the whole time, so it wasn't the best time ever.

When it was all done, I was ready to drink, because I was unable to drink even water since last night! :( That is a long time for a preggie to go without water! Being without water caused some problems with my veins, but it all ended well.

That is...until tomorrow. I get the results then and I can only hope its good news! If I do have GD it will mean quite a lot to the remainder of my pregnancy. I won't go into it now, but I will if the need arise. I'm hoping to not have to worry about it at all. HOPEFULLY by tomorrow I will get my results either way! For the one hour test, they only call if you fail. I am not sure how it works for the GD test as no one mentioned it and I didn't think to ask! I may call them myself to find out in the morning so I know what to expect!

1 comment:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Good luck with the test results, babe! I hope it's not gestational diabetes, and I know you really want the VBAC!!